Walls without constrains

Hi everybody,

is it possible to create walls using Dynamo without constraints (without levels), just by base line and height?

Hi @babysatch

Could you show us where did you got stuck?

Hi,

imagine the following scenario:

View from the top:

And here is the sideview:

As you can see I have two building parts, each with different floor numbers and each of them has also a different storey height.

Let’s name the L-building building no. 1 and the other one building no. 2.

Building no. 1 has levels 1 and two and the building no. 2 has levels 1 to 3.

Thus the level 2 of building no. 2 is somewhere between the levels 1 and 2 of building 1. By the way I create the floors using Dynamo also, as here explained: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/screencast/Main/Details/7ccb54c2-693f-4b27-bebd-7331d0530dfc.html#mtc-german

As you cannot define levels with the same name for different buildings, I would like to stay level independent.

Given this, I have on top of each floor some Modellines, which I would like to use as baselines to construct the walls in every storey. The walls should get fixed at the top to the upper floor and below to the lower floor without using levels.

Hier: https://files.fm/u/4brwn5w8#_ you can download the rvt-file and see it for yourself.

Thank you all in advance.

Walls are always placed on levels. To make them somehow levels-independent you could place them all on the first level and give them different base/top offsets.

" The walls should get fixed at the top to the upper floor and below to the lower floor without using levels."

Although you can attach the walls’ bottoms and tops to floors and roofs via Revit’s user interface, I don’t think the same is possible from dynamo.

But I am really curious why do you want to avoid having the floors/walls based on levels. Did I misunderstand something?
I’d rather just have levels for one part of the building AND for the other.

As you cannot define levels with the same name for different buildings,

It makes no sense having different levels with the same name, but you can have differently named levels on the same height.