Wall openings - ducts

Hello,
I have a dyn file that I downloaded to create wall openings, it works very well in Revit 2019 but not with Revit 2020, it seems there is a problem with the python script, any idea?
Wall Opening for Duct - Rectangular - link_final.dyn (42.5 KB)

hi @Ali.maher

can you share the error on your side, it seems it has no error to me.

-biboy

Hi @blsalvio
Revit 2020

Hi @blsalvio
Revit 2019, no problem

hi @Ali.maher

it has no problem to me

can you upgrade your revit to 2020.2.3

so your dynamo version will be 2.3.0

-biboy

I made the update but always the same problem !!

hi @Ali.maher

can you send a problematic Revit sample file? I cannot reproduce your error.

-biboy

here the revit file
Wall Openings - Pipes - Host.rvt (2.6 MB) Floor Openings - Pipes - Link.rvt (2.3 MB)

hi @Ali.maher

I thought you are using Revit 2020? You attached 2019 and 2016 files. Also are no pipes in the linked Revit file that clashes with the walls.

-biboy

Wall Openings - Pipes - Link.rvt (2.5 MB)
the script works in revit 2019 but it doesn’t work with revit 2020 or 2021

When I remove the pipes in one direction works and shown error in the script (line 23)

hi @Ali.maher

Like what I said, the files you attached is different from what you are showing in the picture. Look at the picture you sent me and the picture I attached, there are no pipes that clashes in walls in the files you gave me. If I dont have a copy of the problematic files you have, how can I reproduce the errors?

-biboy

Hi, the files above are the original files downloaded with the script.
In the image is just simple walls I draw to check if the problem concerns Revit 2020 or only a specific model.

Hello @Ali.maher
currently, your script works only for Ducts you need to adapt for Pipes and the error that you show in your first post comes from a level error (you need a list of direction)

there are somes lines to change in your first Python script

you will need to complete the script to collect the sizes of the pipes and ducts

1 Like