Wall.ByFace for Massing(s) + Group.FromElements by Massing(s) Family Names

Hello,

Im looking to 1) build Walls.ByFace for every instance of Mass units in the model, and 2) group them by name of the Mass (i.e. 2 BR A, 4 BR B, etc).

I managed the put the walls up and have the lists be filters down to each of the Unit family names, but I am lost in how to actually group the surrounding wall elements + the Mass itself in the model.

Please see attached file and screenshots, and thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Build walls by those vertical faces on mass instances?

If your walls came from a mass, there should be a neat data structural already in your workflow, say 1 mass => 4 faces => 4 walls.

It would be like:

List:
1.Mass
2.Mass
…

=>

List:

1. List:
    List:
    1.Face
    2.Face
    3.Face
    4.Face
  2. List:
    …

=>

List:

1. List:
    List:
    1.Wall
    2.Wall
    3.Wall
    4.Wall
  2. List:
    …

I’d suggest you reconnect them and see if you need to condense the final List of sub lists of walls a little bit.

It should be a 1 => amount of list of faces => same amount of list of walls relationship.

It’s hard to tell if can’t see your output.

1 Like

Hello jshial, thank you for your replies

Here’s the connected node:

So either starting point, whether by “Mass” category or by the “Workset” names, picks up the necessary mass boxes okay and puts up the walls in either the large model environment and in this smaller units-only model, but this last step of grouping the walls of 2 BR A’s with each instances of the 2 BR A’s with the same name “2 BR A” just has me stuck.

I think Im almost there, and would like to use the list from the original post to groups down to its each instance(s)

List:

1. 2 BR A
  2. 4 BR A
  3. …

Please let me know if you need to see anything else from me, I appreciate your help!

Let’s back to image No.2:

What is the output of Wall.ByFace?