Wall by face from Masses

I can see that there are a few other posts from the past several years that deal with creating walls by faces, but none of them have a working solution. I am also trying to make walls from mass faces, but I just cant get it to work. I am trying to create walls from curtain panels where I flatten the curtain panels to a surface and then make a mass from the surface. The final step is to make a wall from the mass. If I try to create the walls from the mass faces I get a warning “The selected face cannot be used to create a wall. Please use a mass face instead.” If I try to create the walls directly from the masses I get a warning “Wall.ByFace expects argument types (string, WallType, Surfaces), but was called with (string, Revit. Elements.WallType, Revit.Elements.FamilyInstance)”. It doesn’t seem to work if I use the mass or surfaces from the mass. Does anyone have a good workaround for this?

I can only get the wall by face node to work by manually selecting mass faces. Is there a way to get it to work by feeding it a list of mass faces? I have several hundered faces that I need to create walls from, I am too lazy to do that. I need to get this to be automated.

It looks like it works on a single mass, but as soon as there are two masses in the project it stops working. It is strange because if you manually select faces on two separate masses with select faces it works. I am just trying to automate the manual selecting process by creating a list of surfaces.

@davidfink67241
It seems you are feeding the Wall.ByFace node Surface input with an Instance output. It would only work when you feed it with surface(s)

PD. I think the surfaces need to come from a mass element, specifically.

Thanks, I’ll revisit my graph and see if I can re structure it.

Did you manage to solve your problem… could you share the solution?