“View is already placed” error message when using PlaceViewsOnExistingSheets.node

Hi There,

Any help here would be really appreciated; I am trying to add a view to a sheet using PlaceViewsOnExistingSheets.

I have managed to bring the list of views in from the Excel file and matched them with the correct ones from Revit. I have made a list of sheets from Revit and assigned a coordinate of 10,10,0 for the view. But when I run the graph the PlaceViewsOnExistingSheets node says that “View is already placed”. But it isn’t… I did do a little check in the graph (pink box) and that also says there is a view placed. But as you can see from the View list in Revit, there are no views assigned.

I am running Dynamo 1.3.3 and am very much a novice! So a nudge in the right direction would be great, or if there is a better way of doing this I would also love to know.

Thanks

It looks like you’re placing view names instead of view elements. Make sure you’re filtering the actual elements at the end of your purple section.

Thanks Nick,

That has pretty much sorted the problem, but I am now getting an error message if a layout uses the same view as another one.
“view already placed”
Do you know if there is a node that will allow multiple placements?
Thanks again

You can only place a view once. That’s a Revit rule. You’d have to duplicate the view to have multiple instances of it.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help. I will need another strategy, as I have 187 drawings and all have them have a small floorplan in the corner. Making duplicated views will be a headache!
Thanks again.

Sounds like a job for Dynamo!