View DuplicateAsDependent Not Working in Dynamo 1.2.1

HI all

I am currently using Dynamo Build 1.2.1 and I am looking to utilize the custom Clockwork node View.DuplicateAsDependent. I am not sure how to fix this and would love someone to help or some advise on moving forward from here…

Cheers

A screenshot would be nice? You are sure it’s not a 3D-view you are trying to duplicate?

It depends on the view type. 3D views, legends, schedules, sheets, assembly views and render views cannot be duplicated as dependents.

Hi Einar

yes i am sure it not a 3D View i think it is the python script…? see attached screen shots.

1: is the script i am trying to run and

2: is the View.DuplicateAsDependent broken down.

Hi Einar
I just added the screen shots below.
Cheers

I found the issues it is the Return List Or Single Value Node…

the Warning Note is.
“Warning: Multiple definitions for ‘List’ are found as DSCore.List, Archilab.Grimshaw.List.List
Multiple definitions for ‘List’ are found as DSCore.List, Archilab.Grimshaw.List.List
Multiple definitions for ‘List.Empty’ are found as DSCore.List, Archilab.Grimshaw.List.List
Multiple definitions for ‘List.Empty’ are found as DSCore.List, Archilab.Grimshaw.List.List
Multiple definitions for ‘List’ are found as DSCore.List, Archilab.Grimshaw.List.List
Multiple definitions for ‘List’ are found as DSCore.List, Archilab.Grimshaw.List.List”

In that case replace List.IsEmpty with DSCore.List.IsEmpty and so on in the custom node and save it.

Yep done the changes to “Return List Or Single Value”… it appears that the python script is working fine its just the node that isn’t…

any ideas?

It could be a problem related to the option “Do not duplicate existing views” when creating views in Revit

I came across that issues before and I have no existing plans views in the Test Revit project.
Cheers

Yes, but when quickly trying your workflow, I see that List.OfRepeatedItem is not creating any view, so it could simply be impossible to create dependent views from views that don’t exist already…

Yes like @Yna_Db say:

View.Duplicate from Clockwork works fine for this…

Hi Yna_Db and Einar_Raknes

The Views are created before List.OfRepeatedItem by FloorPlanView.ByLevel and List.OfRepeatedItem is creating the amount of times i want to duplicate the existing view. see below

OK, now this works for me, I simply plugged View.DuplicateAsDependent just after List.OfRepeatedItem, such as in the first graph…

that is the one from Clockwork it is done in a later version and I am using 1.2.1

The first graph seems to work fine though:

What Dynamo Build are you using?

The latest I think: 1.2.1.3083