Duplicate Views multiple times

I’m working on Project Setup a script to add Dependent Views & assign Scope Boxes
I’m using the archilab View.Duplicate to create the dependent Views, but it only accepts a single input.
How can I pass it a list of names and create multiple Dependent Views?
Tried List.Map, but that didn’t work.

View.Duplicate will duplicate a list of views. If you want the same view duplicated multiple times you need a list containing that view multiple times.

3 Likes

I used to have this method working but with 2.0 they changed something and added a name input and now it only creates one it fails…

You need to give a name for each view.

ugh…it used to just iterate and then i fed it into a set parameter

Hi, I’m having a similar issue but mine is due to my lack of experience with DYNAMO, my problem is when working with the “View.Duplicate” from Clockwork package, the node seems to need 2 entries one called “View” and one other called “Name”, I’ve created a list of “Names” from a excel spreadsheet which is exported from Revit to match the exact names for the views to be duplicate, my problem is that I don’t understand what value is the node “View.Duplicate” is asking me for, I mean I thought I could do this by connecting a list of “Names” into the entry called “Name” but I’m pretty lost about what value I should give to the “View” entry please see image, any guidance to achieve this will be very much appreciated, kind regards