View.AddFilter weird problem?

Hey, this seems like it should just work. But it doesn’t and I don’t know why.

It’s simple : I have a flattened list of 16 views, and a flattened list of 16 ParameterFilterElements (which filters are all made by OOTB nodes)

Now when running this script it applies 4 filters that correspond to the floors/dependent views that both lists are grouped in, before flattening. The way i want it to work is just to apply the list of filters to list of views, one filter per view. Tried with different lacing modes - didn’t help

I feel there is a quick fix but i’m stuck :frowning:

here’s a whole workspace

Try using list levels with both inputs @L1.

Not sure exactly where to put inputs at @L1 ?

I’ve tried on :

• both List.Flatten set to @L1 on list input
  • View.AddFilter both inputs set to @L1
  • FilterRule.ByRuleType value and parameter inputs set to @L1

none of these combinations work - I still get 4 Filters per view corresponding to Levels :frowning:

bump’d

Can you share your dyn?

ViewFilters_Test.dyn (26.8 KB)

i’ve been trying to look into solutions from this thread but it’s a slightly different problem there

So i’ve tried to solve it with my friend, who actually knows Python and he helped me out a lot, but in the end I think we ended up with reverse-engineering the OOTB node “View.AddFilter” (as seen on screenshot below).

The result is the same as if I used OOTB node - it appends a number of filters corresponding to the levels of the views. This got me thinking - maybe because I try to add these filters to dependent views - which “parents” are tied to levels in project - is the answer why it keeps adding them sorted by level.

I’ve changed the node from Clockwork’s duplicate.as.dependent to just duplicate - now it does apply filters the correct way - but on independent views.

It’s okay, but is there a way to apply just one filter per dependent view?

That’s the whole point of dependent views. They’re dependent on each other.

2 Likes

Can you set variable filters on each of these views in the UI?