Using Dynamo with Revit 2016

Hi there, i am using Revit 2016 and already installed the file: DynamoInstall1.3.2.exe.
The Dynamo plugin icon is showing but not the Dynamo player icon (i’s not event there in grey).

Did i miss a step installing the plugin?
Is there a file location error to consider and repair in the installation process?
Do i need to install another release of the plugin?

I typically don’t like when people use the canned “just upgrade to a newer version” response because I do understand there are circumstances that you can’t always control, but Revit 2016 is almost 9 years old. (I think 2016 was actually one of the first versions of Revit that even supported Dynamo). This was pre Dynamo 1.X. There have been innumerable changes since the 2016 supported version and it’s frankly not worth the effort. Why are you in 2016 and what is it that you need to do?

2 Likes

Hello @dsocque - The latest supported version is Dynamo 1.3.4 so I suggest you get this if staying in Revit 2016 :slight_smile: You can do so as a Direct Download Link from here: https://dyn-builds-data.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/DynamoInstall1.3.4.exe

It contains a few helpful fixes to Security and Bugs:

You can read those on the Dynamo Release Notes and search for “1.3.4” or “1.3.3”.

Dynamo Player was released in Revit 2017.1 so unfortunately without upgrading to that version or later you will not have access to Player :frowning:

The real answer i was looking forward to get is written right at the bottom of your post! Thank you !

1 Like