Qs about version 1.3.1

Installed Revit 2018.1 this morning and I have a couple of questions:

1.3.1 installed for all the versions of Revit I have installed. I’m fine with that, but wanted to verify that the “Edit Input” feature of 1.3.1 is ONLY available in Revit 2018. I do not see the icon on 2017. Is that correct?

When (or is) the stand-alone Dynamo installer available? Right now it appears that I can only get this build through the Revit 2018.1 Service Pack. I’m not ready to deploy 2018 yet, but I would like to gt everyone on the same Dynamo build.

How about Revit 2016? Any incompatibilities with 1.3.1?

Yes, I know it was only released last night. Please pardon my impatience :slight_smile:

Dynamo 1.3.1 and Revit 2017 Crashing When Using a Code Block

Wasn’t version 1.3.1 (1.3.1.1550) withdrawn?
That version was only available for very few days and then it disappeared… I removed my 1.3.1 and reinstalled 1.3.0 (1.3.0.875) since I thought that the 1.3.1 version apparently was a mistake that it was released.

Of course, it would have been nice to know why 1.3.1 disappeared, but since no others apparently commented it before now, I thought it was best to forget that version. I probably expected it was only a matter of a few days before it was available again. It’s about a month ago it was removed.

If no one from the dynamo team comment on this, then I would suggest you to install the 1.3.0 version.

I have on the other hand heard and seen that we can expect a version 2.0, but not much is written about that version on the github page, and there is no release date.

Yet another post about 1.3.1

To my big surprise can I see now that I also got the 1.3.1.1736 when I installed the Revit 2018.1 update, but that version is not available at the download page! What is going on?

http://dynamobuilds.com

I am going to remove my Dynamo Studio, that version is apparently not supported that well. I have had troubles with that version I didn’t expect. It is apparently better to use the sandbox version instead. Especially now where it is shown that dynamo is going to be silent updated trough Autodesk and not the normal way.

Hi all-

We are discussing the possibility of getting an installer up on dynamobim.org for 1.3.1. More soon.

Also, there are no major differences between 1.3 and 1.3.1.
The 1.3.1 release was released to enable Dynamo Player input functionality:

• Allow API access to drop down UI nodes
  • FilePath allowed as “isInput”

@Zach_Kron - any additional comments?

@Racel_Williams
why was 1.3.1.1550 withdrawn? it was only available for few days!

AND… the daily build are very misleading, all the three shown versions is older than the ‘current’ version. What about removing daily builds if they are older than the last release? it is very confusing to see daily builds that far behind the current version. It is even worse now where the real current version apparent is a version you get updating your Revit version, and not through the download page!

1.3.1 latest stable will be posted soon, but for all practical purposes, the 1.3.1 build only differs in how it exposes functionality that is only available in the Revit 2018.1 release.

As for daily builds. We are actively working towards the 2.0 code, which is currently not very stable or productive to do pre-release builds as we do more intensive code cleanup.

hi all - 1.3.1 stable build is now available on dynamobuilds.com. Let us know if there are any issues.

thanks @Racel_Williams, but why isnt it shown at this page that there is a newer version?
http://dynamobim.org/download/

@erfajo - It is updated now. Check again.

thanks @Racel_Williams
I can verify that 1.3.1 is downloadable at http://dynamobim.org/download/ :slight_smile: