Use linked arch model to place penetration family for cable tray

Hi,

I am trying to place a generic model penetration family in the position where i have a cable tray intersecting a wall. I would really appreciate some assistance or maybe just pointing me in the right direction.

i have followed a script using a combination of methods in previous posts but i cannot get it to work. See workflow below. You will see that from ISOLATING WALLS THAT INTERSECTING all the results just goes false and empty list.

Try to change lacing at the intersection node:

Changed the lacing and it still gives me the error :frowning:

What is the error?

Hi, i am not getting any intersecting coordinates.

Hi @Gary_Mans

Did you had a look at bakery package node “Revit Element Clash Detection v1”? It gives directly intersection coordinates:

Thanks Kulkul, i will give these nodes a bash and see if i can get the results i am looking for.

Don’t forget to come back here and mark the post as solved if you find solution. Cheers!

I’m sorry but where do i find these nodes? WHich package should i download?

Bakery package!

AWESOME!! These nodes are so much easier… however i have one more question. How do i go about setting the rotation of each family placement using the wall’s reference?

I have managed to get clash points, place family, but rotation of family is an issue. I will also be setting the thickness of penetration based on wall it clashes with.

So further to the question above is, how do i create a list showing CBT + WLS + POS and extract a "rotation reference for the Penetration family. Hope this makes sense.