Upgrading 21 - 23 missing nodes

Finding nodes when upgrading.

I finally have a spare hour to upgrade some scripts from Revit 21 to Revit 23… Yes, I’m way behind :frowning:

I’ve got this node from clockwork but it doesn’t seem to exist in newer clockwork. Is there a quick way to find a replacement?

Just look into the node itself. Clockwork tends to be a lot of custom nodes wrapped around python. This means you can just look at the underlying code and modify it for your own use (while giving credit of course).

I can’t open it. It’s red, not yellow.

You would have to open it in a previous version that’s supported. Then you can upgrade the python node, not the custom node.

Ah, gotcha.

I was hoping there may be a simpler way I wasn’t aware of.

I mean you could try using the package in 2023 and dealing with any issues there. You could try finding a new package/node that works in this version. Or you could try writing your own code that works in both situations.

There are plenty of options but none that we can make for you.

1 Like

You could also copy the dyf file from the 21 packages to a temp folder and add that temp folder to the 23 Dynamo node and package paths. You would still probably have to monkey with the coding as @Nick_Boyts states, to get it to work in 23, but at least this way you are not messing with the original file.

Side note, if you haven’t already done so, make sure to have DynamoIronPython2.7 installed in your 23 packages. That will help greatly with transitioning older scripts over.

1 Like

I threw that one out a while ago:

I keep a list of deprecated nodes here:

EDIT: And the OOTB nodes Element Types and All Elements of Type mentioned in the screenshot have a new name in 2023 as well (Element Classes and All Elements of Class, respectively).

6 Likes

How come? It’s a nice node :smiley: