Upgrading Nodes

Hello,

This is admittedly an easy question, but I can’t seem to find any documentation on this. As I begin to upgrade our graphs to ensure compatibility with a newer version of Revit, I have warnings that some nodes are outdated. How can I find which nodes are in need of upgrading? Some of my graphs are fairly large and I don’t see any way to see which nodes have newer versions available.

Is it common to just wait until the node actually becomes so outdated to the point of not working? At least that way I can easily see which node needs to be replaced as the node actually changes color when it’s no longer compatible with Dynamo.

Thanks!

1 Like

@anordstrom ,

just click install…

you can also load packages, when you already know they will be used.

or learn python to create your own nodes :wink:

Well, I don’t want to install an older version of a package…wouldn’t that defeat the purpose? I just want to upgrade the nodes using the latest and greatest available.

@anordstrom ,

for the newest version you have to delete the package folder (f.e. clockwork) when revit is closed.

than you open revit/dynamo and search for the newest package and you install it.

for the script it could mean ( sometimes ) to replace the “damaged” node. or(and) open close dynamo for a smooth run

OK—So after I update the packages, it isn’t necessary to upgrade your nodes unless they are damaged/broken? Just trying to learn best practices so I don’t regret something down the line.