Uniform Fireproofing on Structural Beams

I previously posted about trying to add uniform 2" spray fireproofing to all of the structural beams in my model. Unfortunately, the only way I have been able to select the needed beams is through the sequence family types > all elements of family > element geometry. I am now trying to figure out how to connect the node “element geometry” with the rest of the script I have been using, or come up with alternative solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This was the previous script I was using that would only select a few elements - I am essentially trying to mesh this with the picture above

This is not a Dynamo solution, but may make your life easier: I would just add an additional sweep/profile representing the insulation to the wide flange beam family. You could add an on/off parameter to display or make a duplicate family showing the insulation. Note that this will affect joins/cutbacks though.

What are you planning to create in Revit to represent the fireproofing? An in-place family?

1 Like

This is an old post but a goodie from @Marcello_Sgambelluri - The Simply Complex Blog: Add Fireproofing to Structural W and HSS Round Columns Using DynamoBIM!

2 Likes