UI.MutlipleInputForm only pops the first time the script is ran

Hi,

I just started using Dynamo and discovered the data-shapes package; nice little piece of software!
I have a problem though: using Ui.MultipleInputForm works well, except that the form only pops the first time I run the script.
If I want to use it again, I need to toggle to False, run the script, toggle to True and run again.

Is this expected behaviour? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Yes this is expected behavior. Dynamo does use the resources to recalculate everything from scratch as you build a script. Toggling, closing the graph, or running the script via Dynamo Player all allow for this type of functionality. Personally I prefer the player unless I’m building the script.

Thanks for the reply.
Indeed, using the player pops up the form every time, so that’s solved!

However, IMHO, this should also happen while building the script, since toggling and running every time you want to try a use case is a bit troublesome. But it’s not a big deal, as long as it works for end users in the player it’s all good.

It is intended behavior.
Personnaly i always build the script without Data-Shape then i introduce it. It minimize the amount of toggling i need to do.

1 Like

The reason for this is when building scripts that work with large datasets (say rebuilding the geometry for all railing and stair elements in towers) you’d get pretty frustrated having to recalculate every part of your graph every time you make a change. I’ve built scripts that take ten minutes just to build geometry, so leaving that in place is a godsend. Otherwise it would take a month just to work out the exact methods, lacing, levels and inputs for the 30 nodes after the geometry was built.