TSplineSurface.BuildingPipes

Hi there,

I am trying to understand the experimental nodes and I have been checking/testing the examples provide by @Zach_Kron.

Well, just playing around to see how they works.

A simple question about the BuildingPipes node.

If you see the picture you realise the node is working on “not” smooth mode.

But if I want to have the smooth output It is empty as

Porbably the problem is I do not understand how the node works therefore my question of how to make it work, or am I missing something?

If anyone has experince on it please let me know what I am missing.

Thank you very much.

@Ambrosio_Gomez_Moral Change Settings > Geometry Working Range to Large
TSpline.dyn (5.4 KB)

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you very much.

I will try when I am in front of the PC.

Another quick question is about the speed or them. Do you think it would be possible to work with them for a big surface area? I would appreciate your thought and experience.

Thanks

@Ambrosio_Gomez_Moral
See this for accurate information about Geometry Working Range:
http://dynamobim.org/think-big-geometry-with-lots-of-zeros/

The last time I tried, it got slow as the complexity increased.
Not sure if there have been improvements since.

However, the example I provided above was generated instantaneously

1 Like

Hi @Vikram_Subbaiah I hope you are well and sorry for bothering you.

It seems you have experience on this field, so if you do not mind I will ask you another question (let me know if you want to open another post).

Thanks for the previous replies.

As you know I am trying to learn how this Tspline node works, to be honest I get stuck really fast. It is the reason why I am asking again as I am not sure if what I am doing is just not possible. In @Zach_Kron example he import the geometry pretty easy to Revit and I have to say some of the geometry can get imported easily, but I am finding many problem with the simple exercise I am doing, like the example we where talking before.

It seems it is possible as @Zach_Kron has beautiful pictures/example on the Tspline blog… bu no luck with the most simple exercises.

Please see pictures.

Irreguklar 2

Obviously I am doing something wrong, but even for this shape??

Do you have any experience with this issue? Any thought? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much, I really appreacite it.

@Ambrosio_Gomez_Moral Seems to work for me
20171117-1
TSpline-20171117-1.dyn (12.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you mate.

From you pic I think the problem I am having is the radius… But I do not understand totally how it affects the geometry in itself to allow or to not allow to convert the geometry…

I will check anyway, and I think to undertand all the nodes I should use it manually on Fusion or Rhino where I can play friendly with geometry before jumping to Dynamo.

Thank you very much. Really appreciate it.

1 Like

It is possible that your t-spline shape has some self intersections, which sometimes happens in the wrinkly bits, which are not allowed as Solid b-reps. If your goal is to get the geometry out to Fusion, this won’t matter, as you can use the ExportTSM tools in the t-splines library to make an intermediate file format that Fusion can open directly (and also preserves the t-spline controls in Fusion’s “sculpt” environment). But, as you say, there may be some tinkering with the radius settings to eliminate the self intersections.

2 Likes

Thank you Zach.

I have to say it is really interesting the experimental node, what I am wondering if it would be a good idea to make the interface (the way to work on it) more “sculpt” interface. I mean connect Dynamo with Formit, Fusion, no just revit, where you can select as an example edges from the interface (Formit, Dynamo or Fusion) it could be more friendly maybe, obviously I am not sure if it is the Autodesk idea, but I would say it could be a winning idea.

I feel sculpt a totally detail form/geometry with Dynamo (just nodes) could be a extremely challenge. As you mentioned you could start with dyanmo and then import to Fusion to carry on… But not all market industry use Fusion, Architect normally do not use Fusion (you know what I mean right, there is Rhino and other packs) however Autodesk got Formit which I think it is wonderful, but if in the future the integration of Dynamo is the same that it has with Revit (no just like Dino display) but in Formit and Fusion for geometry propose it could be awesome.

I really do not know what is the best way as there are many Autodwsk software for geometry purpose, or it maybe the case Dynamo stand alone could have a different interface where you could select elements more friendly??

What do you think? I would like to know your opinion.

Thank you very much. Have a good weekend.

1 Like

Thanks Ambrosio! Yes, I agree that a deeper integration with a flexible direct modeling application would be a great improvment. Dynamo is working to become more readily accessible and integratable to a number of existing and developing tools.

1 Like