Lots of questions have come in about the T-splines functionality that we slipped into the Experimental section in 1.1. We have posted a very high level introduction and datasets here and would like to start gathering feedback and thoughts on these tools. Please feel free to add your observations here, or start new discussions tagged with “T-splines” on the forum. What do you think you might use these tools for, what do they need to be useful. What is incomprehensible, what do you like?
I would like to congratulate you because the new blog of tsplines is really interesting and also all the files that u have provide us are amazing¡¡
I have create a link with also this topic
There are a few more examples of t splines, I would upload more stuff here also. I have many problems triying to convert t splines to solid. I am using the node Tsplisurface.buildpipes but it only works if I use lines not curves or nurbscurve. Also, There are some problems with my geometry…what can i do @Zach_Kron??
All are now lines but I have a parallel singularity of the geometry
Hi Javier. Do you have some identical or coincident lines in the collection that you are sending into the tsplines node? Also, try just sending on half and then another half of your geometry to trouble shoot
Thanks a lot @Zach_Kron That was the problem…but now appears another one…
Advertencia: TSplineSurface.Error en la operación ToBRep.
Unable to build body from T-Spline : BFTS_OUTPUT_BODY_SELF_INTERSECTS – Output T-spline body self-intersects"
How can i solve that??
This is the only way to create a solid from the tspline surface by pipes?? I am triying to 3d print my structure so it should be a solid mesh
The problem if a create separte lines to import to tsplines is that I will lose the "joints"between tsplines, not?
Yes, that error does mean that it is self-intersecting. Can you post (or send me) a tsm or dyn file that shows the problem? I might be able to give you more concrete advice.
Sorry guys I have been to busy¡¡ I solved the the problem, it was just some repeated lines¡¡ I want toshare this that i find very interesting, sometimes is hard to convert t-splines to solid to create a mesh or to export to SAT look this video
It is very interesting because this guy with the node geometry.transform transform the tspline geometry to geometry and then can export to SAT. Could it be “easier” using this way to transform t-spline geometry to geometry?
@Vikram_Subbaiah look this post
You will need to explode the solid coming out of the Tspline.ToBreop to a surface to use these paneling tools
Why is it that every time I convert a TSpline surface to BRep or Mesh, I always get the output in ‘Smooth Mode’. I have tried everything that I could think of but the situation is still the same.
Why can’t I get a non-smooth output even though I have ‘inSmoothMode’ set to false every time?
Good question, sounds like a bug (@tomfinnigan?) What you can do is decompose all the faces and convert to brep faces like so.
Your can also try unwelding or creasing all edges, then use TSpline.ToBrep
I’m not 100% but I believe this may have been fixed in the daily builds of 2.0.2.
Hello, Good day @ Zach_Kron
This topic on TSpline is awesome. In your post,> a very high-level introduction and datasets here, am wondering about the images at the top of the post. How could we achieve those fish-skin type TSpline-forms? >>
fish-skin type forms
I tried but in vain.
Are those patterns of lines are on the same plane and what TSpline nodes are used to get those TSpline forms? Please tell us the workflow kindly.
Thanks in advance.
Here’s an example of a form usng similar methods from that picture. Needs Lunchbox for the hexagons, but otherwise uses out of the box tools
3dSurface.dyn (57.3 KB)
So many thanks…I will try it and let you know.
Hi Good day @ Zach_Kron
So far I achieved this >>
UBD_3dSurface2.dyn (48.5 KB)
but still away from aforementioned fish-skin type forms. Would you please guide a little bit or if there are no constraints in sharing those scripts while available to you, you might share those. Thanks again.
Looks like you are getting there, I think the issue is how you are making the underlying linework. The different patterns in the image from a few years back come from loading in different SVG files (which you can see the underlying linework next to each 3d image) and translating using one of a few differnt packages, I can’t recall if it was ModeLab, or SVG Import, but either would work.
Thanks a lot again…i will try those.