Topo Surface creation from rhino model

Hi There,
Il would like to Generate a topographic surface in Révit From rhino.
I Get the first step, I mean I did generate a shape in dynamo but yet I don’t know how to get a surface like a component in Révit!
If somebody Have Tips for me it would Be great!!:wink:
Thank you very muchCreation Topographic surface from rhynamo.dyn|attachment (4.9 KB)

sol 3d rhino.3dm (570.6 KB)

If it’s just sending it to Revit, you can use ImportInstance.ByGeometry which will create an element in Revit at the specified position. :slight_smile:
You can also use DirectShape.ByGeomtery which gives some more control over the properties such as category and material, but it tessellates the object, which you may or may not want, depending on your needs.

Thank you Avz,
I’m gonna try this and tell you fi it’s working!:wink:

@miathou See if this works for you

rhinoTopo.dyn (17.3 KB) (ver 2.1)
rhinoTopo.rvt (1.5 MB) (ver 2018)
rhinoTopo1

So I test It with “ImportInstance.ByGeometries” it works directly but it’s just an importation symbol which is something but not really good!!
Hello @Vikram_Subbaiah thank you for this solution but all the purpose is to use rhynamo in first to create a topographic surface in Révit From Rhino!:wink:
So i’m gonna try the “Directshape.By.Geometry” node solution!:wink:
If you have other solutions…I’ll grabe it!
Thank you very much!:blush:

You can directly import your .3dm in Revit as a DirectShape (No need for Dynamo)
Insert > Import CAD
Import As Category: Topography

However, you may not be able to use Revit topography tools on the Direct Shape Topography

@Vikram_Subbaiah absolutly but, if I Did that and I would like to change it.
I will have to change in my Rhino model and put this in a Familly and reload… instead with Rhynamo i’ll can change when I want my topograpy directly it will be like immediate.
More over, it will be more lightweight than a 3dm Rhino! :wink:

@Avz thank you very much! :blush:
It works!:star_struck:

1 Like

Hi! I used the DirectShape.ByGeometry node to create a topography from geometry (polysurface), but when it comes to revit I’m not able to create building pads or subregions into the topography. If somebody have tips to solve it :slightly_smiling_face:
Images attached.

Ps.: I’m using Rhynamo to read geometry in rhino and transform it into topography in revit. Don’t know if this problem has something to do with it…