There was something wrong with my dynamo node! Can you help me?

I want to autocreate areaboundary lines by rooms with dynamo.But it does’t work.
It prompt said “Warning: PolyCurve.ByJoinedCurves operation failed. Curve join produced more than one WIRE in PolyCurve”

emphasized text
Model file.rvt (3.4 MB)create area boundary(by rooms).dyn (83.3 KB)

Please show the full dynamo graph with all outputs shown. The error means there is some problem with the curves input of the polycurve, so that is what we need to see, not the other errors that come after.

Are the curves grouped into lists for each individual polycurve?

Thanks, I upload my files.

Can you show the output of the PolyCurve node? Chances are that there will be a mix of polycurves and nulls, where the nulls will be the errors.

If you figure out the nulls, you can trace it back to the curve lists and inspect the specific curves giving you the problem. Try isolating the problem curves and see what is wrong.

Yes,there are many nulls.Thank you very much, thought i don’t know how to change it!

That’s okay, that’s what we want to teach you; not just what to fix but how to find what’s wrong.

Find the list of curves (from Room.Boundaries node) that correspond with the nulls. Look at each problem list of curves, one list at a time, and see if there are any issues or common factors. Nurbs curve can sometimes cause issues so keep an eye out for them.

Can you check to see within each list if the curves connect in one continuous line? The error (“produced more than one WIRE in PolyCurve”) probably means that the curves do not make a single curve. This could mean that the curves do not actually connect to one another or that they fork into two paths somewhere.

One way to do this is to hide all geometry preview of all of the nodes (right click the node or selection of nodes to hide geometry preview) and then List.GetItemAtIndex one list at a time to see.

OK, I wil try it tonight.