PolyCurve.ByJoinedCurves node not working

Hello, my Polycurve.byjoinedcurves node is not working. It says that I am getting more than wire but I shouldnt be. What else could be causing this? Does anyone know how this node works specifically that might hint to me why this is failing.Thanks!

Hi,

The most probable option is that one of the lists of curves you want to join does not correspond to a single PolyCurve. Are you sure your GroupCurves node is working as you were expecting it to / are your sure you are feeding the problematic node the good values ?

I would guess there is an object type issue in there somewhere.

As a start to resolving this, find the null index (list.indexof) and show the list at that index from the list.groupcurves node.

1 Like

Hey,

I’ve had a lot of issues with this, I seem to remember Konrad has an outstanding request on it.

I usually get it with regards to room boundaries, as you can imagine they often have curtain walls and odd boundaries that upset the operation.

Chynamo have a couple of nodes called SuperJoin which help, but basically Dynamo can’t resolve the curves in their current state, so I tend to simplify them and try to work around the problem (recreate from end points, prune ones close to each other, curveloop.simplify, that kind of thing) however this might not be a good option for you.

Otherwise, if you can work from a bounding box rather than using lines that’s pretty robust, there was also a recent post where Vikram used Room.CentreBoundary.

Hope there’s something useful for you in there!

Mark

2 Likes

It seems that this i still a issue in 2019…

but thanks for the clue to solve this Mark :slight_smile: