TextNote.ByLocation Position Error

Hello everyone,

Trying to place text (around 700 different entities) within a view through an excel doc that has x & y coordinates. My whole script is working other than the placement of the actual text and certain locations.

Every time I run the script, I get the error from below. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, thank you.

Also, what I tried to fix this error was moving the project base point as close as possible to the different text but it still did not work.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 102941

The issue is that your project base point (and model data) is too far away from the internal origin. Turn that on in visibility graphics and move the PBP back to the origin.

Hey Nick, I moved the PBP to 0,0,0 and it was still giving me the same issue.

The blue dots is where all my data is supposed to be. I tried moving the PBP to where my text is but it did not work.

Let me know if that’s what you were talking about, not sure if I understood your response fully.

Sorry, I said Project Base Point but I meant Survey Point. Your shared coordinates are too far away from the origin. This is a known limitation of Revit.

Hey Nick, after moving the survey point sadly I did not see any text come up.

Getting the same issue as before. Definitely seems to be an issue on my end but I just haven’t dealt with project/survey points that much so not 100% how to move forward.

Hmmm… At this point you’re probably better off on one of the Revit forums unfortunately, as this is an internal Revit issue.

Got it, thanks Nick!