Symbols on Sheets

I was wondering if there is a way to place symbols on sheets? What I’m trying to do is grab the sheets in a project, extract the views from the sheets, obtain the scales of those views and then place the corresponding scale bars on the original sheets. The scale bars are a Symbol Family, probably doesn’t matter too much but all the nodes that I’ve found place views on sheets and nothing else.

Hi there,

You could use this node

And as a view you should use a sheet.

I tried that and I was getting an error.

“Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching. Couldn’t find a version of __func_6dbe76ab213d43d4aa8720967daf4dac that takes arguments of type (Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Point,Revit.Elements.FamilyType,__array”

It works for me:

1 Like

Revit 2106 / 2017? Dynamo Version 0.9 / 1.0?

I set it up exactly the same, set the Lacing to Longest and still get the error:

Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching. Couldn’t find a version of __func_6dbe76ab213d43d4aa8720967daf4dac that takes arguments of type (Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Point,Revit.Elements.FamilyType,Revit.Elements.Views.Sheet)

I thought it might have been because I was trying to do it on multiple sheets but I added the ‘List Frist Item’ but still got the error.

Revit 2016 & Dynamo 1.0

Also works in Revit 2016 & Dynamo 0.9.2