Subdivisions...revisited. Thoughts much appreciated

Hi. I’m a bit new to the world of Dynamo and scripting in general. I have some of the basics down in Dynamo. My question probably has more to do with “not thinking hard enough” about the system I want to build; however, I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction so that I can continue to try and build the solution I want to achieve.

I’d like to subdivide a surface, which I have been able to do - I know how to adjust U and V values on a surface/face…but I would like to take it a few steps further and subdivide Each U division (and V for that matter) independent of the other divisions. I have attached a screen shot of what I am hoping to achieve. Any comments regarding how I might continue that type of subdivision would be greatly appreciated.

I’m definitely not looking for someone to hand me the answer!

SUBDIVISION DIAGRAM-01

I’m sorry, you said you were not looking for a complete answer, but I couldn’t resist - this is a great example for one of my next classes.

The first thing you need to do is get the min and max values for U and V of the given face. You can then create subdivisions as UV coordinates. From those coordinates you need to build lists of four coordinates each in order to pass them to one of the adaptive components nodes in to make panels.

In order for this to work you’ll need the following packages: LunchBox, Normalization, Increment/Decrement by 1 and LibG Vector Components.

Let me know if there is anything I need to explain in more detail.

sub-subdivision-iso

Wow. I really appreciate the thought you put into this. I will test it out tonight and see if I can accomplish the same thing.

Much thanks! Cheers!