Split walls vertically

Hello every one

I’m trying to split or divide my wall vertically and later one horizontally, so my walls have the correct size for fabrication, but i have run it to some issues, that i hope you can help me with

i have at this point, collected my wall and gotten the line, that a want to divide, but the method i use to divide the line do not seem to work, and i hope that one of you awesome people out there can help me with that

her is a pick of the error

thanks in advance

Hi @rgs

Your currently connecting an integer to “Curve.DividebyDistance”. You need connect curve to it.

Cool thanks, i have worked a little more on it, and this is how fare i have some, but i still dos not divide the wall, hehe and i’m a little lost

any thoughts or ideas ?

thanks in advance

@rgs It is not possible yet to divide walls. It is a restriction. Read this on RFO Split Wall using Revit API - Autodesk Community. However you can get the existing walls curve and divide it and then create a new walls at last remove the existing once. Good Luck!

Okay, that is a shame, but thank you very much for your fast respond and help :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello @Kulkul,

I know we cannot split the wall directly based on what I have read here. So I am following your advice to create new walls based on the curves obtained by dividing the curves of the existing wall. What I want to achieve is pretty simple - divide a wall into two where it is being intersected by another wall. Illustrated in the images below:

Above images depict a simple example but I want to do it for a larger project with multiple walls and wall types.

I tried using two methods:

Using Element.Location to get the Wall Curves and Endpoints and then splitting the curve using the nodes below:

Another method I tried was using Bounding boxes of the walls and getting the intersection and trying to split the curve using that.

After I obtain the new curves, I create new walls on it as you have suggested, mapping the properties of the existing wall and then deleting it.

However, in both the cases I do not obtain the desired result. Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way to do this?

You should start a new topic