Spiral ramp rebar

Hello all ,
i have a problem with spiral rebar , the rebars placed outside curved face of the ramp , how i set it in the right way please ?

Thanx

I think you nede to share the .dyn and .rvt file (you can use dropbox or something) if you want to get help with this one.

Hello @al-zawahreh1990!

Unfortunately it seem that only arcs and curves are supported by Revit to create rebar from:
I tested it and got this error message: “The input curves contains at least one curve which is not a bound Line or bound Arc and is not supported for this operation.”

Maybe @Maximilian_Thumfart1 have something to add?

I took a look at the source code of the Dynamo for Rebar package and it looks like it is converting the splines to arcs:

/// <summary>
    /// Approximate Curve to Revit Curve
    /// </summary>
    /// <param name="curve"></param>
    /// <returns></returns>
    [IsVisibleInDynamoLibrary(false)]
    public static object Approximate(this Curve curve)
    {
        if (curve.GetType() == typeof(Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.NurbsCurve))
        {
            NurbsCurve nurbsCurve = (NurbsCurve)curve;

if (nurbsCurve.IsLinear())
            {
                return Autodesk.Revit.DB.Line.CreateBound(curve.StartPoint.ToRevitType(), curve.EndPoint.ToRevitType());
            }
            else
            {
                return Autodesk.Revit.DB.Arc.Create(curve.StartPoint.ToRevitType(), curve.EndPoint.ToRevitType(), curve.PointAtParameter(0.5).ToRevitType());
            }
        }
        else if (curve.GetType() == typeof(Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.PolyCurve))
        {
            DynamoRebar.RevitPolyCurve revitpolycurve = new RevitPolyCurve((Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.PolyCurve)curve);
            return revitpolycurve;
        }
        else
        {
            Autodesk.Revit.DB.Curve result = curve.ToRevitType();

if (result.GetType() == typeof(Autodesk.Revit.DB.NurbSpline))
            {
                return Autodesk.Revit.DB.Arc.Create(curve.StartPoint.ToRevitType(), curve.EndPoint.ToRevitType(), curve.PointAtParameter(0.5).ToRevitType());
            }
            else
                return result;
        }
    }
1 Like

You could try approximating the curves with multiple lines and arcs (with a reasonably big tolerance, to keep the sections number low) and feeding that into the Rebar.CreateFromCurves method?

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion Dimitar, I tried this, but it didn’t work:

Probably it has something to to with the normal vector which we have provide. It can’t be one vector for the whole polycurve, and creating a lot of small individual rebar pieces doesn’t make sense either.

2 Likes

Hello Einar,

You can join multiple rebar pieces in one through rebar container. Also you should set RebarContainer.PresentItemsAsSubelements property to True for correct rebar presentations in schedule.

1 Like

Einar_Raknes
Dimitar_Venkov
Max_Kotsar

Thank you very much
I appreciate all your answers

I hope to find a solution in the future

thank again :slight_smile:

Have you tried to use the Rebar.Morph node instead, and generate the curves between the two spiral edges of the surface?

1 Like

I think you’ll end up with nurbs curves anyway…

1 Like

@Dieter_Vermeulen Advice is pure gold. Worked for me and i think it will work for your ramp too.

1 Like

@Dieter_Vermeulen thank sir , Not worked in revit , i dont know why…

@m.k show the solution here pleas

1 Like

i can split the ramp into two parts , and its work

why when i use ramp with arc angle more than 90 degree , the rebar placed outside the ramp floor?

Sorry this might be due to the surface evaluation, I will have a look.