Space Polylines

Hello,

The extrusions I am attempting to create in Dynamo from polylines are not working. It seems that when Dynamo recognizes two polylines defining the boundary of a space, it splits the space and extrudes a portion of the space upwards and the other portion downwards. This is common for other spaces as well but this is an example, see picture below:

The error for the Curve.ExtrudeAsSolid node:
Warning: Curve.ExtrudeAsSolid operation failed.
Unable to make wire from edge body : WIRE_SELF_INTERSECTS2 – Wire has self-intersection

The error for the GeometryColor.ByGeometryColor node:
Warning: GeometryColor.ByGeometryColor operation failed.
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: geometry

I tried splitting the list of polylines up and using one or the other, but that only uses half of the space geometry for the extrusion, so I only end up with half of the space shown. I also tried combining the polylines in the list to no avail. For further context, the spaces in Revit are based on Room Boundaries. Please advise.

Hey, not at a PC right now, if you search (me) and this topic you should get a few things to look at… In short my suggestion is to get the end points, prune duplicates and extrude as solid… if your direction problem persists you can patch and thicken surface with direction.

If Spaces are the issue, can you get the linked rooms and see if you have more success?

Best of luck,

Mark

1 Like

Try extruding by a distance and direction instead of just a direction.

https://dictionary.dynamobim.com/#/Geometry/Curve/Action/ExtrudeAsSolid(curve_Curve-direction_Vector)

1 Like

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

2 Likes