Solid by Loft Error - BAD_UV_SKIN_DIR

Hello Dynamo Friends :slight_smile:

I would like to create a solid from model curves but I get the the same error that is documented in many other threads here.

Anyone has an idea how I can get my desired solid?

Files attached!

Kind regards!

LoftFromCrosssections_DWG.dyn (36.4 KB)
Project_test.rvt (5.4 MB)

@gerhard.p ,

thats the same error as with design mass and adaptiv components… it can`t make some kind of order…

can you use Loft by Curve and direction?

KR

Andreas

You can try to utilize the Solid.BySweep2Rails method as it can sometimes resolve the issue.

Also checkt o make sure all curves are moving in the same direction (ie: counterclockwise around their planar intersection with the guide curve). Checking parameters 0…0.25 …#5 on each curve should give a good indication thereof.

@gerhard.p

1. It’s easier to create the solid in a family environment.

get all document you can get it from Geniusloci pak. and set _point_in _family in Brimohareb pak.
LoftFromCrosssections_DWG.dyn (52.4 KB)

1. Send the polyline points to the Revit family environment. For adaptive families, you can use the points shown below:

2. Create faces (top and bottom) and then loft the solid.

Project_test.rvt (6.1 MB)

3. Insert this family into the project."

1 Like

Thanks for your replies!

Solid.BySweep2Rails did not work either, but the idea with the curve direction lead me to the solution. While the direction was already correct, the profiles had different starting points of the polycurve. Changed the starting points to the same corner in civil, then it worked with solid.byLoft.

1 Like

Ah! Adding this one to to my list of reasons lofts can fail… :laughing:

Hello @RMohareb,

Thank you for your effort, can you tell me how you created the faces and loft in the family environment?

@gerhard.p

First create line between the points

for boynday fase top and bottom

secand select these lines and create form

1 Like