Soffit height

I am trying to create a new shared parameter where it stated the height from the soffit to the slab or beam below.

@marta.baron welcome them to the community!

I think you missed the attachment.

1 Like

I think I need to find a package to build the script but I cant find it

Have you checked the forum? The two tasks you are after (creating a parameter, getting the distance between objects) have been discussed in several locations already.

If you need the height and only the height between two discrete elements you can pull the element’s bounding box, and get the Z component of the min point for the soffit (higher object) and the max point for the slab (lower object) and subtract the two. For more complex geometries or situations where bounding boxes aren’t appropriate due to slopes and the like, you could try ray bouncing or surface extrusion and geometry intersection.

If you can’t work this out, post your attempt and some sketches clearly indicating what you are after and what some of the unique geometry situations you may be facing are.

The forum cannot help you if you don’t start the journey.

2 Likes

the Orchid package have some awesome nodes to do the job. check it out.

thanks

I am trying to figure out the distance from the bottom to the slab or beam to the slab below, but I get an error.

“Warning: Vector.Z expects argument type(s) (Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Vector), but was called with (Revit.Elements.Category).”