Pipe Offset Tag from Soffit

Autodesk put me onto this forum as you guys may be able to help me with my issue.
I’m looking for a Pipe Tag that will give me the distance between the CENTRE of a Pipe to the SOFFIT located directly above the pipe.
This is for setout heights on Sprinkler Systems where by the installers measure down from the soffit for pipe runs rather than from the floor. Revit doesnt seem to support this function but they believe some tag with internal calculations may be able to provide this.
Can any of you help?

Hi Lee,
Welcome on Dynamo forum. Show us some work please. This is a help forum to ask for help with things that you cannot figure out on your own, but actually tried. Read this how to ask help How to get help on the Dynamo forums

Hey, here are some dynamo experiments regarding ceiling heights (from a linked file however):

Are your soffits on the same rvt file or on a linked one?

Do you have many different soffit heights?Or do you mean the structural intrados? In large projects with same structural floor thicknesses I create levels in Revit on the underside of the floor itself and use those to place (or move) pipes, so that i immediately have the negative offset you are looking for, but obviously this works only for homogenous projects…

not sure about the Soffit?. I once created a hanger that provided rod length from center of pipe to deck above. can be used in linked files. Similar to raybounce method. The tag would then report the parameter with the information, a sprinkler tag, a pipe tag will probably have to be linked to the sprinkler selected. You probably should start to isolate your sources and how the data can be extracted from existing model.

did you get a usable answer?
I have the same question

The distance below upper deck, (concrete slab above from linked Architectural model. to pipe

yes this is possible, but its best practice i found not to use linked architectural model. incase the model is not available at the time of developing.
If you have architectural model, you must first select the Level structural floor slab above,
extract thickness and do math between level heights to calculate distance from bottom of deck.
This can later be a tag parameter by making a shared parameter in your pipe category first called Distance from Bottom of deck. it would be updated every time you run the script incase you move the pipe.

Getting the Deck thickness is Important, look for nodes that allow you to select elements in linked models.

I use this in my brace an hangers to get pipe length and rod length. but its not necessary to reference linked model to work with it without architectural.
Fire Protection Brace In Revit Dynamo Graph - YouTube