Sketch Line Model Curves to Dynamo Curves

Hi All,

Per this topic (http://dynamobim.com/forums/topic/get-parent-element-of-sketch-model-curves/?bbp_reply_to=17042&_wpnonce=b190c6f634#new-post), I’ve been trying to make a script that can extract the sketch lines for a particular element (in this case a floor) and use that sketch to create a surface.

I’ve been able to get to the point where I have each of the sketch curves as Model Curves, grouped by element. The problem is that when I try to convert these curves to Dynamo curves using Element.Curves or Element.Geometry, they return empty lists. My guess is that this has something to do with the fact that there is no real model geometry underlying the sketch lines. Alternatively, if I try to use the curves as Dynamo curves, they don’t work for any function. The odd thing is that the curves show up in the geometry preview.

Any thoughts on a workaround to extract Dynamo Curves from the Model Curves that I haven’t thought of?

Figured it out! I was using the wrong node. Instead of Element.Curves, I needed CurveElement.Curve. Oops.

Haha had the same problem, thank you for solving it! :wink:

Jakub

Hi I’m doing something similar with Beam Systems, but after you go from CurveElement.Curve, move the points/lines to the new location how do you complete the transaction?