Sheets

Hi!
I would like to create something related to the scale of views in the title block of sheets, with respect to multiple views on a single sheet with conditions such as:
*the title block being able to displaying every scale of each views on a single sheet
*being able to group the similar scale views as one scale (to avoid repetiotion)
*scale organised in descending order

I would really appreciate suggestions on how to improvise this and also to write the code since i am relatively new to dynamo

Hi Becky,

In general the ‘rules’ of this forum are that you need to show some attempts you made yourself then we can do some troubleshooting.

Below are two links to help on the journey of learning Dynamo.

https://primer.dynamobim.org/

I will look at starting a script.

I have made a script that collects all the sheets and then collects all the views on these sheets and then it gets the view scale parameter value for each of these views.
Please explain more and I will see if this can be improved tomorrow.

Revit - 2020 Dynamo 2 version
Sheets Forum.dyn (13.1 KB)

https://www.architecturesocial.com/ - There are also a introduction to Dynamo on this social website.

Break down the task into as many smaller components as you can manage.

Ex:

1. Retrieve a list of all sheets.
  2. Collect all of the views for each sheet.
  3. Collect all of the scales for each view (@simon_murphy1 has shown you up to this step)
  4. Simplify each sublist down to Unique Items.
  5. Replace the scale numbers with standardized scale notation (for instance [1/8" = 1’-0"] in Imperial)
  6. Sort the sublists so the scales are organized consistently.
  7. Convert the sublists to single multiline stringtext
  8. Have an instance parameter in the sheets established to report multiline text.
  9. Plug the multiline stringtext into the sheets.

Here’s some reference material for step 7.

Everything else should be manageable with standard Dynamo nodes, post updates if you’re stuck (or even if you get it to work, it’s useful for the next person to reference finished graphs).