Create Revit sheets from Excel using Dynamo

Hi All,

Could you please let me know how does the create sheet by name, number, title block and view work?

I attempted to do something but it does not seem to be working:

Thank you in advance for your precious input.

Kind regards,

VincentMuliple sheets in Revit From Excel.dyn (8.9 KB)
Sheet number and name.xlsx (8.7 KB)

Try to put a “true” boolean on the “read as string” input in the “excel read from file” node

Have you tried making the view input as a empty drafting view and inputted that as the input? If the inputs is required as a string then you will need to add a “to string” node prior.

Also to help you out and see this fully implemented then have a look at a script i have created which you can download form the below tweet.

1 Like

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried what you suggested. It does not work though. The last node is causing problem:

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Vincent

Right now I can’t try to test your script in dynamo but maybe it could be that the “views” input has to have the same count of the sheetName and sheetNumber lists, i.e. for the sheet 9701 you want to place the view “97 room schedule”, but dynamo does not know what you want to place on 9702. I also think that if you input sublists then dynamo will automatically place multiple views per sheet.

Try to use the repeat node after the views and again for the family type node then get a count of sheets numbers or names to be created and input that into it and it should repeat the same view/family type.