Sheets - Replace one titleblock for two

Hi there All

I have a situation where I have to change all of my titleblocks, on all sheets, which I figured out how to do one on one. But I have a 2 split titleblock, one for the paper size and one for the the title and so on.

now my problem is, If I use my graph with “Inserting” both titleblocks on the page, it only ends up with the last one. Which I guess is because it changes for the first, then to the next, and therefore ends up with only showing the last one.

Does anyone know how to insert/ replace 1 with 2, or is that not possible…?

Hello,

Your graph appears to be collecting all Titleblock elements of a given criteria in the project and then changing them to a different type. This works for 1:1 replacements.

What you are describing is also needing an additional Titleblock element on every sheet. For this, one option is to collect your sheets and insert the new family at a point…not knowing how your second titleblock is constructed, I don’t know if they necessarily align with the first titleblock you are using so you may have to finesse this.

Another option would be the standard Revit approach: place the second titleblock where it should be, then copy+paste to all associated sheets at the same point.

Hi there @Robert_Younger

Thanks for the suggestion, can you tell me why I just get “null” as a result, when I use your solution?

I have had better luck setting FamilyInstance.ByPointinView with cross lacing instead of auto… there are a few topics on the forums from a while back suggesting you also need to open a fresh run of Dynamo for this particular custom node, but I don’t know the specifics as to why that would be the case.