Sheet Size

Hi there,
I am just starting my journey in Dynamo and would like to filter the sheets by sheet sizes and cannot find the right way to do it.

How can you filter the sheet size into “another list” that then can be associated with the sheet family Like (A3, A2, A1)?

Greatly Appriciated

Try using = and then filter by bool mask.

Hi @krza26918 ,

Using the node List.GroupByKey you can group your items by a specific key, in your case the size of the sheets.

In order to only get the keys from a specific size I recommend using a dictionary for this, there are also other ways, without having to create dictionaries to do this but I find using dictionaries to be really helpful, especially when working on a script later on.

See something like this:

Hello Daan,

Thank you so much for the fast replay. I am confused :smile: could you please be so kind and explain in more detail?

I have an excel sheet with 3 columns: number, name and size

I need to associate somehow the name with the size because the size of the sheet differs.

Drawing list.xlsx (9.01 KB)

workflowsheets.dyn (55.4 KB)

Hi @krza26918 .

Could you please explain what you don’t understand?
Through the List.GroupByKey node and the following Dictionary your sheets are already grouped by the strings representing sheet sizes, and can therefor also be easily be filtered by the size of the sheet.

If you want to create a list of titleblocks from the sheet size strings you’ll have to create a 1 on 1 mapping with a Dictionary where all the possible sheet strings are the keys and the values are the corresponding titleblock family types.

Dear Daan,
Thank you very much for the help. I have succeeded :slight_smile:

Best Regards

1 Like