Set 'Mark' parameter to all elements in all model groups

Wall select

Hi, I recently started to work with Dynamo 0.9 for Revit 2016. I’d like to fill in the mark of all wall elements from a walltype in all groups in the model. (1 visible in the view, 20 groups not) Is this possible not using Python? Just Dynamo…

Is this what you’re after?

TypeToMarkParam

Hi Martin,

No, i’d like to give a wall type an unique code which had to be located in the ‘mark’ parameter.

from your example;

Wall type ‘Generic - 200’ has mark ‘001’ and Wall type ‘Generic - 225 Masonry’ has mark ‘002’.

If that works, the wall types are in different model Groups.

I’d like to put the Mark values in all model groups at once.

Hi Leon,

I think your looking for this.

1 Like

I see, Leon.

Sorry, I misunderstood your initial intend then. I don’t know if that is possible without doing some sort of conditional loop with Python then.

If you want to assign the Mark based on the Wall type, irrespective of the model group it is within, you could try this…

1 Like

a type of wall gets coded by our subcontractor.

each different type gets an other code.

Wall type A = code 001

Wall type B = code 002 etc etc…

These wall types are used in over 20 different model groups.

Modelgroup A has 6x wall type A

Model group B has 10x wall type A etc etc.

i’d like to set those codes from the subcontractor into the mark parameter of the elements in the different groups.

In schedules in Revit it’s only possible if i make a view and place all model groups, then i can add these values in a schedule, but i’d like to use Dynamo for this.

@vikram i can’t replicate your solution. (sorry dummy Dynamo user yet) the ‘code block’ goes wrong.

Code Blocks

Hi Leon,

It is not number 1 it is alphabet l. And also change lacing for Setparameter node.

1 Like

OK, i see this works now. Thanks so far!!

But 1st;

i’d like to change the workspace, so i can choose like i described before.

Wall type A = code 001

2nd;

Can i run it so Dynamo goes through ALL model groups? Even when they’re not placed in the view?

For your 1st question you need to use “List.OffRepeated” node along with “List.Count” lacing to longest connect to “GroupByFunction” for Wall Type A & B.

And for 2nd question yes can run.

If you can’t make it i will provide tomorrow workflow currently i am away from my PC.

Good Luck!

Yes Kulkul please help :slight_smile:

How can i contact Kulkul?

Ok people ,is there anybody who has a solution for me??

Hi Leon,

How can i help you. What is your query?

I hope you can help me with:

1. Wall types gets coded by our subcontractors.

2. Each different type gets an other code.

For example

Wall type A = code 001

1. These wall types are used in over 20 different model groups.

Modelgroup A has 6x wall type A

Model group B has 10x wall type A etc etc.

1. i’d like to set the codes from the subcontractor into the mark parameters of the elements in the different groups.

In schedules in Revit it’s only possible if i make a view and place all model groups, then i can add these values in a schedule, but i’d like to use Dynamo for this so it’s automatic.

Is this the same file which you send me on the other link?

No another project Kulkul. I can’t share that one, i’ve you want i make a test project file.

No Problem I can manage. Just give me some time.

Thanks Kulkul for your help!!