Selection behavior filter

dear all i upload image can you guide me how i change selection behavior i want select pipe once with mark (good) don’t want select with mark(x).
its very big drawing i upload small area please help me i want tagging after selection horizontal or vertical

Hello here is a way for sorting vertical versus horizontal

5 Likes

Hi, sorry for the slight digression from the original topic.
In your codeblock the term Revit added comes from the fact that you are using a detached dynamo version of Revit?
I thank you in advance
I am a newbie.

cordially
christian.stan

No problem :wink: not sure i understand what you mean by detached dynamo…I use Dynamo for revit here :wink:

Thank you for answering :+1:
here are the pictures for better understanding
Capture d’écran 2022-04-13 142201
programme sovetek essai à travailler_2022-04-13_02-22-38

I’m on Revit version 2020.2.8 in education mode
Capture d’écran 2022-04-13 142347

Thank you for the time given :wink:
edit:
oops I had forgotten the Element after Elements.
Looks like we don’t need to specify Revit or Autodesk
sorry

1 Like

dear sir thanks for help. can you share this .dyn file i face problem i m new user dynmo.

Hello @rashidsohail27 and @christian.stan …here is a way with ootb hope it helps…

PS when we need filter by bool mask as designscript the output is a dictionary
pipe designl.dyn (8.8 KB)

2 Likes

thanks sir. from my hart<> :blush:

2 Likes

hello, you progress faster, by trying to redo the proposed approach (reflection and dexterity too), it’s actually educational, it’s still a beginner’s personal opinion, the script I saw here could potentially be part of automatic numbering of walls by horizontal and vertical rows.

2 Likes

Yes can probably be used for lot of things :wink:

1 Like

Hi all.
I have one thing now again. I try to make vertical and horizantaly seprate and on top view b & c also want seprate example is image. Mention
In drawing i have 3 types pipe a is rizer b is top view but 180 degree and c is 90 degree direction.
How i make 3 option for 3 type slection
Can you guide me fore code.

Use a similar approach to before, but instead of just looking at the Z value of the vectors look at the X value. If X is less than 0.5, it will be B, if it is not vertical and is greater than 0.5 it will be C.