(Just Looking for Feedback) - Set Pipe End Prep in Revit Element Description

Hey all, just picked up Dynamo a couple days ago, been doing a lot of reading and finally got my first useful script up and running. Happy with how it turned out, but wanted to post a screenshot of the final version so that some expert eyes could maybe let me know if there’s anything I could do better/ should really avoid doing. Any advice is appreciated!

Set GRVxBEV in the Alternate Description.dyn (27.6 KB)

1 Like

Nice first graph!

Might want to switch the hard coded names for a family type dropdown, allowing you to do similar for say copper pipe. More use is better than less after all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh right! Because I can set them as a dropdown input to show up in the dynamo player. That a great suggestion, thanks. :smile:

The way I laid this out is hard coded to address one particular fix we end up having to make a lot, is it possible to set the default selection for those dropdowns to the selections for this particular fix? Or will the dropdown always require a user to select each field correctly? (I work with some individuals where the fewer steps, the better haha)

1 Like

It should serialize the selection after you make it, with the value requiring a new selection if you are in a file which doesn’t have the selected item in it.

1 Like

Phenomenal. Thanks for the pointers Jacob!