Selection Filters - need to delete in mass

Hello, this is my first post, long time lurker and big fan of this forum, thank you for all your help over the years.
Ive finally come across something i can’t seem to figure out on my own and havent found anything online about it.
I have a file that is an export of SolidWorks —> Revit. It has… about 100+ selection filters.
I can’t seem to find a solution for deleting them all at once, in mass.
I’ve tried nodes, such as Modelical (delete unused filters) but it always comes back as null or simply nothing. I know that selection filters are different from view filters. I just want to delete all the selection filters from the file. Doing one at a time is taking quite literally DAYS.

Please help.

Revit 2018
Dynamo 2.0.2.68

Hi @EComp,

Welcome to the Dynamo forum !
You can delete all the selection filters with only 3 nodes.

2 Likes

Wow. I feel silly for even asking. I didn’t even look through the Element type node at all. Unreal. Thank you very very much for the input. I’ll have to be sure to look through the nodes more thoroughly next time. Your quick response is incredibly appreciated.

Hi. I understand this is a solved topic, however, I feel this might be of help.

I have noticed that when opening a Dynamo graph in different versions of Dynamo / Revit, Drop down selection nodes might “jump” to a different item in the list. I believe this happens because there might be a different number of types from one version of Dynamo / Revit to another. I have noticed this using the Categories node, which is usually the first node for many graphs, hence making the whole graph fail. For Categories, we can use Category by Name, but there is no equivalent for Element types. I searched a bit and found this post by Sore Stork:

I used it and it does work perfectly:

I hope it is useful for others like it was for me. Thanks