Selecting view filters with specific name from list and delete them in Revit

Hi I am having a small problem. My goal is to select filters from project [every filter that in the name has on the end value : (1), (2), (3)]. In the second step I would like to delete those filters. I could manage the selection part by List.FilterByBoolMask but now I don’t now how to select sorted elements and delete them in Revit. Please help me .

Hot to select those items in Revit and delete them ??

Hi,

After the watch node where you have a filtered list, place a delete node or an eraser node.
Make sure youre graph is not on automatic when using delete nodes.

Marcel

Hi

Thank you for replay. The problem with deleting those things is that they appear as string but not as an object with ID. But thank you anyway for your idea.

Any other ideas ??

Hi,

Try the Element.Id node in between the watchnode and the delete node.
Or take a look overhere Id to Elements, what happened to the node

Marcel

Thank you Marcel

I ve realized that I had something wrong with connecting the nodes.

I have something similar that I am having trouble with. I am trying to get all the view filter and view templates. I would like to apply one specific view filter (ideally picked from a dropdown, worse case shown here in my example, a code block of the actual name of the filter I want to apply) and apply it to all view templates in my project.

I am not sure how to make the element ids of the view filters change to the name of the filter so I can run a check to it so I can ultimately apply this one filter with its common overrides all at once. The box witha 1 in it represents a node that would convert my element ids to the actual names of the filters and the box with 2 would be where I compare it to my code block, in essence selecting the “A - ALL MEP” view filter. Again it would be great if the number two box could be a dropdown of available view filters by name and not by element id. Hopefully what I am trying to do makes sense.

Thanks ofr your help and expertise in advance.

Use the datashapes dropdowns list instead - I believe it has an input for the ‘display text’ and for the ‘item’ - display text would be the name. Item would be the template.

Thanks. I apologize for my ignorance. I have just started trying to figure Dynamo out. Would you have a minute to help me set it up properly? I am not sure where and what connections to make to get the output I am looking for. Do I need another node to accomany the DropDown Data node to get the dropdown list that I am looking for? I am not familiar with the DataShapes node. Any help is much appreciated.

I’m on vacation so I can’t give you a personalized how-to at this time, but you want to use the name as the key and the element as the type. That gets feed into the sUI++ Multiple Input Form node which is what triggers the UI.

Also, the datashapes website has some really good documentation. Check them out here: