Selecting and manipulating a circle

Hi,

I am just starting with Dynamo and I have this idea to create a script which allows to select a circle around an object, divide the circle into 4 elements and create four cameras at these points. For example, that can automatically create perspective views at each elevation.

I am sure this is a basic problem and can be easily sorted out. I have a circle (model line) drawn and can select it in Dynamo, but when using Circle.Radius or Circle.CenterPoint I get an argument type warning that I am using ModelCurve instead of Circle.
How can I convert it to acceptable type for input?

You have to convert from Revit geometry to Dynamo geometry.

Try, “Element.Geometry” node.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer! I can now divide the circle into equal elements and put the axonometric cameras at the points, but when I use 4 for division, it would not give me the the coordinates of one of the points. It looks like this:

I am happy where the rest of the points is, because I can have the on each elevation, but how do I get the last point?

Well, technically your first question has been answered so you should mark it so and start a new thread…
Also, pasting the code you’ve written is useful.

Thanks,
This is the nodes graph, which give me that result in Revit:

OR

The reason PointAtEqualSegmentLength doesn’t work is because it assumes an already segmented (non-continuous) curve. If the curve already has a start and end there’s no need to segment at those locations and so they are skipped.

The easiest way to get the exact number of points you want is to write your sequence in a way that correctly defines those parameters.

2 Likes

Personally I like custom nodes as someone’s done the hard work for me :smiley:

Thank you, that’s it. I will also try custom nodes, but this gives me some understanding of what’s going on. I can successfully create four 3d views with axon. cameras. I am aiming for perspective views but I don’t quite get the ‘element’ input in there. Forgive me if that’s for another topic, I’ll be happy to open one.

Yes, that would be a separate topic.

Thank you for your help!