Select multiple faces of a link elements

Hi All,

As Select Faces allow us to select multiple faces of a element of multiple elemenet faces one by one

is there any such way to select linked elements faces manually (which faces i want to choose basically as Element.Faces gives out all the surfaces and it is pretty hard to get desried surface if you have multiple elemetnts or elements which are not in a similar plane)

currently I need to select botton face of whole stair

Thanks,

If you need the ‘bottom’ faces this should do the trick: Collect Point of selected element/face - #6 by jacob.small

I do not know of a way to select faces in a link manually at this time.

Hi @jacob.small That was my question but by that method i was getting more than 10000 points/curves for that geometry. But when i tried by selecting bottom face of course in detached model I only got 96 points/curves which were quite handy

But I can’t goto the link model for each time update so i am looking for a proper solution

I tired whole week with diff options but nothing seems working except manually choose bottom face but that can’t be done in link model unfortunately :disappointed:

Ok likely another issue at play with the filter then… can you post a model and DYN in the other thread? Best to get it right ‘in the active model’ first then go for the complication of links. What is the next step after you get the bottom face?

In the active model it is working perfectly
As i am able to choose stair landing and run face

I am getting perimeter curve which use to place structural framing at perimeter

But the stair are in arch model and i am looking for a script which solve the problem and stair geometry keep getting updated depending on projects.

Easy solution i am thinking it to get the arch model and model the framing in it and link back it to my structure model and copy paste it from link model at same place

I have shared stair rvt model in the last thread

1 Like