Select Model Elements not working

Hi,

Using Dynamo 1.2.1.3083, when I place a node Select Model Elements and click “Select”, nothing happens in Revit 16 & Revit 17.2 (I don’t get the usual Multiple/Finish/Cancel buttons) and when I click in the Revit user interface, nothing gets highlighted / selected. It works fine with Select Faces, or Select Model Element.

2 Likes

OOTB “Select Model Elements” node is a crossing window selection. Which means it will not have a finish command on ribbon.

On the other hand, Rhythm’s pick model elements offers this style to you.

4 Likes

Thank you very much John. I used Dynamo a while ago (0.7, 0.8) and I wonder if it was always like that. It seems a bit strange that it works differently than Select Faces for example. Also selecting a region is not always convenient, so you would expect this to be OOTB.

is it correct that rhythm’s node doesn’t work anymore in 2018.2
i am really looking for a selecting tool , to just pick and select multiple elements. and not with a crossing window.

Does anybody have something like this working at the moment

@Arno_De_Lange The node is still functional. What are you seeing? You might want to start another topic if it is too involved.

some how it didn’t work on a not saved model…got it working at the moment.
Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Hi.
But even after cross-window, nothing seems to be selected. I’m trrying to select a generic floor by model elements but it can’t.

Hi, anyone else facing this issue?? i am also currently facing the same problem…currently using current latest dynamo version on Revit 2018.3…If you happen to find any useful solution for this problem do share it…Thanks in advance…

dynamo%20version

Was having the same issue. Select Model Element working, but not Elements. Need to drag-select all elements for this node, you can create a pre-selection in Revit and hide to select.

I have the same probelm non of the selection work. The dynamo file is connected to the Revit project but the select dose not work. use revit 2021 dynamo 2.6

1 Like