Section box families by category and create 3D views

I’m trying to create a 3D view out of an isolated family with dynamo, and would like 3D views of the whole category. Also, I want the 3D views to be named after its isolated family.
The way I would do this in Revit (one-by-one) would be by selecting the family, then isolating it with the “Selection Box” tool, and finally saving the 3D view. Does anyone know how to get this done?

1 Like

hi @hector.soriano, you might want to try this, here is demo file elements-3dviews-from-isolated-category.dyn (3.9 KB)

3 Likes

Hi Jean,

The script isn’t working on my end

1 Like

Yes that isolate element by 3D view node gives me nothing but grief too. But it can be twisted to work. I’ll try to check out that posted script above later.

1 Like

Hi there! Have you had any luck getting it to work?

I went back and found the thread I was think about.

@john_pierson 's edit does work predictably to modify the active 3D view for the node but it wasn’t quite what I needed to solve my previous thread.

Turns out the script needs to be open with Dynamo 1.3.3. Also, a category must be isolated before running it

Hi Jean

thanks for this scrip but its giving the same error as @hector.soriano is getting. Have you had a chance to look into it?