Isolating elements in 3D views - last view has unhidden elements

Hi all,

I am facing one issue in Dynamo and cannot figure out what causes it.

I have two lists

1. 3D views - 29pcs
  2. lists of elements to be isolated in these views - 29lists and in each 2-3 elements

When I am trying to isolate the elements in corresponding views it works as expected, except the last 3D view. It has remained the elements which should be isolated but additionally are remaining view section box and all nested families’ instances from other families (nested families from same family are hidden properly).

I’ve tried two approaches of isolating elements: 1) Isolating with archilab node “Isolate in view” 2) Got lists of all elements in view and hid all elements, except those which should be isolated (using filtering by element id). Both approaches gave me same result.

Revit 2023

EDIT: Your method works for me. What happens if you change the Isolate in View node back to Auto lacing and use list levels @L2 and @L1 for _elements and _view respectively? What happens if you manually isolate those elements in view and then check for All Elements in View?

Do you have a transaction between placing your families and isolating them or do you just have the Wait node? You may need a separate transaction to ensure the families exist before modifying them. Same goes for the views.

So far I am testing the part of script where I only create views and isolate elements. Familiy nstances are already placed in the project.

Once it works I will assemble the whole process where I will start from loading families and placing them to 0.0.0 and further create 3D views for each instance.

But wow, end-start transaction after views creation did help at current stage!

Now it seems to work well! Thank you!

As a side effect also this issue was fixed which is great :slight_smile:
GeniusLoci - 3DView Create - view creation issue after second launch - Packages - Dynamo (dynamobim.com)