Schedule.GetData from Bimorph Issue

Hello everybody.
I’m trying to use the node Schedule.GetData from the awesome package Bimorph and it crashes revit.
I tryed uninstalling the package and installing the latest version but it keeps crashing…

Is there a workaround for it?

Thank you all for your help!

Could you drop here relevant rvt file?

I tested in another revit project i have and it crashed too… i think it’s not something related to a specific project…perharps some interference with another packages or viewextension

What Dynamo version are u on?

You can try to run the node in a Revit in English.
It could be a language issue.

Maybe the latest version of that package is made for 2.x

I’m brazilian but i always use revit in english

Hi @ramoon.bandeira can you list all the packages and view extensions you have installed and also specify which version of Revit you are using so I can look into this?

The version of Dynamo wont be an issue as BimorphNodes is v2.0 compatible and backwards compatible up to v1.2 and Revit 2016. The language limitation which @Alban_de_Chasteigner mentioned was resolved in BimorphNodes v2.3, although this wont be the issue for you even if you are using older versions as you are using English Revit, plus you would only see an exception even if you were using non-English Revit with the older version of BimorphNodes rather than a fatal error.

2 Likes

I’m using

Revit 2018.3
Dynamo 1.3.3

Monocle and DynaMonitor View extensions

and the following packages

Thanks @ramoon.bandeira I’ve installed all the packages and extensions with the exception of Prorubim and the BimorphNode works without issue, even with a lot of data (27,000). You could try uninstalling the prorubim package as thats the only one I’ve not tested - or even better, try running the node without any other extension or package to help isolate the problem. Another test would be to run the node on a new project - does Revit still crash?

Also, what type of schedule are you exporting?

1 Like

It’s a simple conduit schedule, even if i use your node for a single schedule it crashes revit…
is it possible that another program may be conflicting with it?

Edit: I tested it in a new project and it crashed revit too.
The prorubim package is from the dynobrowser plugin… i’ll try and add it here

Sounds odd, can you upload a sample file which causes the crash? One final test you can try would be to completely remove all packages if its not too much hassle and re-install them all. When I tested, I downloaded all packages including BimorphNodes from the package manager and everything runs fine.

1 Like

I read the log of dynamo and it says that the monocle viewextension is causing a problem It says the following thing:

“ynamo has detected a conflict with a dependency and may be unstable. If any issues are detected, please uninstall addins or packages and contact the provider.:
While loading assembly MonocleViewExtension, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, Dynamo detected that the dependency DynamoCoreWpf, Version=2.0.1.5055, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null was already loaded with an incompatiable version. It is likely that another Revit Addin has loaded this assembly, please try uninstalling other Addins, and starting Dynamo again. Dynamo may be unstable in this state.
It is likely one of the following assemblies loaded the incompatible version:
Dyno, Dyno, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, RevitServices, RevitServices, RevitServices, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoApplications, DynamoApplications, ProtoCore, ProtoAssociative, ProtoImperative, Microsoft.GeneratedCode, DynamoUnits, DynamoPackages, DynamoPackages, VMDataBridge, VMDataBridge, DSCoreNodes, DSCoreNodes, DSOffice, DSOffice, DSOffice, DSIronPython, DSIronPython, DynamoConversions, Tessellation, Analysis, Analysis, Analysis, Display, Display, Display, RevitNodes, RevitNodes, RevitNodes, RevitNodes, RevitNodes, RevitNodes, ProtoScript, ProtoScript, ProtoScript, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModelsWpf, CoreNodeModelsWpf, CoreNodeModelsWpf, CoreNodeModelsWpf, CoreNodeModelsWpf, CoreNodeModelsWpf, GeometryUI, GeometryUI, GeometryUI, GeometryUI, GeometryUIWpf, GeometryUIWpf, GeometryUIWpf, GeometryUIWpf, Migrations, PythonNodeModels, PythonNodeModels, PythonNodeModels, PythonNodeModels, PythonNodeModelsWpf, PythonNodeModelsWpf, PythonNodeModelsWpf, UnitsUI, UnitsUI, UnitsUI, UnitsUI, UnitsUI, UnitsUI, Watch3DNodeModels, Watch3DNodeModels, Watch3DNodeModels, Watch3DNodeModels, Watch3DNodeModelsWpf, Watch3DNodeModelsWpf, Watch3DNodeModelsWpf, Watch3DNodeModelsWpf, Watch3DNodeModelsWpf, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DynoNodes
2018-11-15 21:12:02Z : notification:System.IO.FileLoadException:
Dynamo has detected a conflict with a dependency and may be unstable. If any issues are detected, please uninstall addins or packages and contact the provider.:
While loading assembly MonocleViewExtension, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, Dynamo detected that the dependency DynamoCore, Version=2.0.1.5055, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null was already loaded with an incompatiable version. It is likely that another Revit Addin has loaded this assembly, please try uninstalling other Addins, and starting Dynamo again. Dynamo may be unstable in this state.
It is likely one of the following assemblies loaded the incompatible version:
Dyno, Dyno, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, DynamoRevitDS, RevitServices, RevitServices, RevitServices, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCoreWpf, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoCore, DynamoApplications, DynamoApplications, ProtoCore, ProtoAssociative, ProtoImperative, Microsoft.GeneratedCode, DynamoUnits, DynamoPackages, DynamoPackages, VMDataBridge, VMDataBridge, DSCoreNodes, DSCoreNodes, DSOffice, DSOffice, DSOffice, DSIronPython, DSIronPython, DynamoConversions, Tessellation, Analysis, Analysis, Analysis, Display, Display, Display, RevitNodes, RevitNodes, RevitNodes, RevitNodes, RevitNodes, RevitNodes, ProtoScript, ProtoScript, ProtoScript, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModels, CoreNodeModelsWpf, CoreNodeModelsWpf, CoreNodeModelsWpf, CoreNodeModelsWpf, CoreNodeModelsWpf, CoreNodeModelsWpf, GeometryUI, GeometryUI, GeometryUI, GeometryUI, GeometryUIWpf, GeometryUIWpf, GeometryUIWpf, GeometryUIWpf, Migrations, PythonNodeModels, PythonNodeModels, PythonNodeModels, PythonNodeModels, PythonNodeModelsWpf, PythonNodeModelsWpf, PythonNodeModelsWpf, UnitsUI, UnitsUI, UnitsUI, UnitsUI, UnitsUI, UnitsUI, Watch3DNodeModels, Watch3DNodeModels, Watch3DNodeModels, Watch3DNodeModels, Watch3DNodeModelsWpf, Watch3DNodeModelsWpf, Watch3DNodeModelsWpf, Watch3DNodeModelsWpf, Watch3DNodeModelsWpf, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DSRevitNodesUI, DynoNodes”

I uninstalled all packages and it keeps crashing revit…
i’ll try uninstalling the view extensions

Can you upload a Revit file where the crash occurs and can you list the steps to reproduce the crash? Also does it crash on any other version of Revit?

Also, that error report may indicate one of your view extensions is producing a fatal error, not BimorphNodes.

the workflow is quite simple.
In the project i’m testing i have only one schedule. The Dyn file is the following.

i completely uninstalled all view extensions and all packages.
i downloaded your package from package manager and the error persist.

This is the worst bug ever :joy::joy::joy:

Yep, tell me about it!

Ok, the cause of all your pains: the OOTB All Elements of Type node; it appears to be getting itself into a circular reference which loops forever when its output is passed into a node which Dynamo replicates, which in-turn causes the crash cc @Michael_Kirschner2. Thanks for posting the file (in future, add information like this in your OP as you’ll get an answer quicker).

So for the solution, try one of the following:

1. Don’t use All Elements of Type node to collect your schedules
  2. If you do want to use All Elements of Type node, set Dynamo to manual execution node
  3. Create a list of schedule names as strings (obviously, don’t use the All Elements of Type node to collect the schedules, then get their names, otherwise you are back to square one again), and pass these into the node. I’ve developed it to accept ScheduleViews as strings not just views, for convenience.
1 Like

I dont think this has anything to do with replication.
The Elements Type type or All Elements of Type node re-execute when the document updates - is the Schedule.GetData doing anything that performs a document update?