Loading Bimorph Nodes Failed -Revit 2020

Hi

Ive been trying to load Bimorph Nodes version 4.2.1 manually to my AppData/Dynamo/Dynamo Revit/2.3/packages folder without much success. Im using Revit 2020.2.8 and dynamo 2.3.1. When I go to my Dynamo packages tab , I can see that Dynamo is detecting the root folder but I cant see the nodes on my Dynamo SideBar. Anyone knows what could be the problem here?

Any help/feedback would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Why not just use the package manager?

2 Likes

Unzip the files using 7zip, or manually unblock the .zip file before extracting. DLLs otherwise all have the “Mark of the Web” which is preventing their use because they could have been put there maliciously (ie: a virus).

2 Likes

Try @jacob.small suggestion first as that is most likely the cause.

Alternatively, did you inadvertently download the fake version that was published to the package manager - it claimed to be v4.0.3 and was spelt with a capital B (its since been removed from the package manager). If so then it will stop the genuine version of BimorphNodes from working.

Easiest thing to do is:

1. Close all Revit sessions.
  2. Browse to the root install folder of your Dynamo packages and manually delete any BimorphNodes folders in C:\Users[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.x (you might as well check all v2 folders if you have multiple versions of Dynamo installed)
  3. Reopen Revit and reinstall BimorphNodes v4.2.1.

If this isn’t the cause, then it might be a conflict with a Revit add-in which uses either netDXF.dll or bimrohpNodes.dll directly. Are you running any addins?

1 Like

Hi , thanks for your reply. I just downloaded it from package manager and its now fully functional.

1 Like

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I removed all of Bimorph versions and then I tried to add the 4.2.1 Bimorph folder manually but it failed to load. I managed to add the package succesfully by using the package manager.Whats interesting is that I had no issue pasting genius locis´s root folder to my appdata and loading their nodes , maybe a revit add in could be causing conflict?

Unlikely, if its not a conflict with a dll then its what @jacob.small said. But if you can, use the package manager and don’t over-complicate things.

1 Like