Schedule Get Calculated Values Warning

I am trying to use a SteamNodes node to grab values of calculated parameters, but I get this error.

Warning: This custom node contains an invalid input. Please fix the input before saving the custom node.

I have the latest version of Dynamo installed and using it on Revit 2021.

When editing the node, the Input nodes have the following error.

Error: This input symbol is not currently valid, and cannot be saved until it is fixed. Valid inputs take the form:
name : type = defaultValue
The input name should be a valid variable name, without spaces. An input type and default value are optional.

The error explains the issue: the input names don’t follow the rules. The name cannot be an object type (List, string) and cannot have spaces. I also don’t know if it will like the dot convention (might think it’s a property).

But i did not create the node so I have no idea what any of it means. I am far from a Dynamo expert. It was downloaded from SteamNodes so I have no idea why it is acting like this. I am guessing that it has happened for others too since it is a direct download.

How would you recommend fixing it? Or, is there any other way of getting the values of a calculated parameter?

I was able to fix the one ViewScheduleList by removing the space between Schedule & List (see images in earlier post), but how do I fix the Calculated Value Input? There is no spaces, so is the variable correct?

Again, it’s because it includes a class object type (string) in the name. Try just CalcValName. Dynamo changed the naming restrictions (with 2.0 I believe) and some existing custom nodes just never got updated. The input name doesn’t really matter so you just need to fix them in some cases. It won’t have any affect on how the node runs.

@Nick_Boyts
Yes I managed to fix that, but now the node just does not work.

Warning: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer.

When I closed down Dynamo and started agin, I ran it and this warning appeared

Warning: __func_e03dcee784d144698b6c6977caab385c expects argument type(s) (List, string), but was called with (Revit.Elements.Views.ScheduleView, string).

From your second screenshot it also looks like some of the codeblocks need to be updated. Again, there were changes with 2.0 that caused some custom nodes to need to be updated. Are you sure you have the latest version of the package? I believe the warning for the codeblock tells you how to rewrite Flatten if you need to update it yourself.

@Nick_Boyts . Thanks for your help. Yes I fixed the code block. to DSCore.List.Flatten([Item])

Wrap the input for the view in a list.

Note that the error says expects argument type(s) (List, string), but was called with (Revit.Elements.Views.ScheduleView, string).

Comparatively:
List vs ScheduleView
String vs String

By putting the schedule view in a list the issue should resolve.

@jacob.small Thanks. After spending hours at this I finally realized that to change List to ScheduleView

Could you please attach a photo of how you solved it?