SteamNodes Tool.PlaceViewsOnExistingSheets invalid input

Hello all, I’ve downloaded SteamNodes through the Dynamo that comes with Revit 2020 and I get errors when I try to use its custom nodes. Notably Ive been trying to use PlaceViewsOnExistingSheets, I get these errors:
custom node issue 1
and
Imgur
(heres a closer view:)
Imgur
(new users can only upload one image per post?)

I feel pretty comfortable about using the nodes I just cant seem to get past these errors. I tried googling my issue but found nothing

Hi @mromano227,

The SteamNodes package wasn’t updated for the latest Dynamo versions (2.3 and above).
Replaces capital letters with lowercase letters to solve this issue and save the custom node.
This problem stems from the fact that the reserved keywords (green inputs) are no longer supported in latest Dynamo 2.X versions.

PlaceViews

4 Likes

Good afternoon, @Alban_de_Chasteigner
I am going through something similar, when I download the package of “SteamNodel” I see a symbol underneath the node as shown in the image.

In the solution you mention that you have to change the upper case by the lower case, I entered the node to make the modifications, but it continues with the same problem.

appreciate the help in advance.

Hi,

This package has not been updated for more than 5 years !
This is not advisable to use Revit oriented packages not updated anymore.

Use one custom nodes of the following packages : Genius Loci, archilab, Rhythm and Springs.