Custom node error

Hi guys,

I’m getting this error with the node list.filterbystring.

Who can help me?

Error at the input “string”:

Error: This input symbol is not currently valid, and cannot be saved until it is fixed. Valid inputs take the form:

name : type = defaultValue

The input name should be a valid variable name, without spaces. An input type and default value are optional

Error at the code block:

Warning: Method ‘Flatten’ has been deprecated, please use method ‘DSCore.List.Flatten’ instead

Thanks in advance!

Replace Flatten(item); with DSCore.List.Flatten(item);

See if it works.

It works! What should I place in the red error at “string”?

“String” looks fine, what’s the error message anyway?

Error: This input symbol is not currently valid, and cannot be saved until it is fixed. Valid inputs take the form:

name : type = defaultValue

The input name should be a valid variable name, without spaces. An input type and default value are optional.

ok, try replace it with str: "String"

Still the same error. Very weird

my bad, try remove double quotes. I haven’t work with custom node for quite a while. If it still doesn’t work, I guess need some help from other guys in community.

No it still isn’t working, but it works with the node Contains.

maybe you can try this

String : string

It works on dynamo 1.3.2. May i know which version are you trying at?

I’m on the newest version (2.3)

So is it working?? If not, try this:

String : string = ""

Take note of the capitalisation.

No, it still gives an error.

i think you cannot use String as its input name as it is considered a type now is dynamo 2.X

Okay, then I will try and figuring out something else.

or you can just add an s at the end

or this

i mean there is so many other way to go by it, i personally would prefer a more concise and descriptive input as shown in the picture above

1 Like

Did you find a solution?

I’m having a similar issue with a particular node… when I put Sheets in Input it turns red and gives me the same error above. Anyone with a straight answer to this issue, please?

Any joy in solving this error…?