Running graph in Revit 2023 makes Revit 2022 crash, Running a graph in Revit 2022 crashes Revit 2021

Hello,

I have an interesting problem…

I was finicking with a custom node to log usage in graphs.
When i ran my graph in Revit 2022, my Revit 2021 session crashed. I didnt think much of it, until it happened in Revit 2023 aswell. this made Revit 2022 crash…

I have added the log below:
journal.0055.txt (3.4 MB)

Do you have an idea what is happening here @JacobSmall

Looks like an issue with the node itself, not really a problem with Dynamo. How are you recording the log?

This log was just the standard log you get when Revit crashes.
I think the problem occured when i tried to run the graph with the node, which contained python 2.7, which wasnt installed…

Still not sure how it manages to crash a revit version its not even running the dynamo graph in…

Sorry - should have been more specific.

How are you logging use with your node? My guess is there is a conflicting process being force closed which is causing the WPF collapse in the other Dynamo and Revit.

Oh hehe

I have copied Gavin’s tutorial node for node (almost) :slight_smile:

What’s in the Python nodes?

Slightly cleaner method here in an updated video vs my older one, see how it goes:

2 Likes

For some reason, after i added this node, my graph gets rather unstable… (it’s a very large graph to be fair…)

Oh i can’t believe i missed that video!
Thank you, i’ll give this a go, love your videos! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve also packaged the code up in a custom node in Crumple, dubbed as the ‘logger’.

If adding this was the route cause, it might be the issue. I can see how it may be causing some issues with concurrent RevitDynamoModel instances.

A few things to try:

1. Gavin’s logger from Crumple. If that fixes stuff we can cleanly ID the route cause.
  2. Look into this Python for pulling the graph name, which utilizes a different means of accessing the file name: dynamoPython/dynamoAPICurrentWorkspaceInfo.py at master · Amoursol/dynamoPython · GitHub